The Engine 2 Cookbook
Rip Esselstyn & Jane Esselstyn
- Give this Hot Shot Biscotti recipe a go! You will love it!
- This recipe is on all our holiday buffets: Cranberry Salsa
- Try this hearty recipe: Two-Handed Sloppy Joes
The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook
Ann Crile Esselstyn and Jane Esselstyn
Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
Dr. C.B.Esselstyn Jr. MD
The Engine 2 Diet
Rip Esselstyn, recipes by Jane Esselstyn
How Not To Die
Micheal Gregor MD
The China Study
Dr. Neal Barnard’s Program for Reversing Diabetes
Dr. Neal Barnard
21 Day Weight Loss Kickstart
Dr. Neal Barnard
McDougall Quick and Easy, McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss, The Starch Solution
Dr. John McDougall MD
Kitchen GEAR WE LOVE:
- Tovolo Mini Scoop and Spreader. OH, do we LOVE this little rubber spatulas and or spreader. It is exactly what we have needed for years.
- Citrus Reamer. My mom prefers this tool for lemons, limes and all things citrus that need to be juiced. I prefer #3!
- Lemon Press. This gets SO much action at my house. The acid from all the lemons and limes I juice has removed the paint from the press!
- Zester/ Microplane. This tool adds ZEST, LIFE, VIM and VIGOR to your food. It is magic. There are many inspiring colors to choose from, too!
- Parchment Paper. This may sound dull, but do not underestimate this stuff. It saves you 1000’s of calories as it replaces greasing a pan; it saves you 1000’s of hour in clean up, and your food still browns. I love it when our kids whip out the parchment paper when they are cooking! A good habit in action.
- Wooden Handle Potato Masher. This mini arm workout feels best with a wooden handle. It doesn’t slip as much in my opinion. Boil potatoes, mash potatoes, eat potatoes, check out your triceps.
- Apple Slicer. This moves apples and pears through your home. Place it next to the fruit bowl and watch the games begin.
- Melon Baller. Our favorite appetizer, Smoky Little Devils, demands an awesome melon baller in order to scoop out the wee B-sized potatoes. This baller is up for the task!
- Pastry Knife. This tool makes kitchen clean up a whiz after pizza night, chili night, biscuits cutting, or anytime your teens have invaded the kitchen. My husband loves this tool – puts him in a good mood!
- Immersion Blender. This is a magic wand. Such a helping hand. It thickens, grinds, blends and makes whatever is in the pot more flavorful…while only adding one item that needs cleaning.
- Yonanas Machine. This is completely different. Honestly. This is soft serve. Soft Serve – not banana soup.
Available at events only:
Brian’s “plants only” chopping boards
Brian’s “plants only.” Chopping Boards are made from spalted maple harvested at or near The Knob, land that has been in our family for five generations. Each Chopping Board is unique, hand-shaped to highlight the natural, organic features of the 1.5″ to 2 ” thick slab from which it came. And, of course, every one bears the hand-burned vow of “plants only.”
Larger “plants only.” Chopping Boards: Roughly 18-inches x 12-inches. $75.00
Smaller “plants only.” Chopping Boards: Roughly 12-inches x 9-inches. $60.00
Available upon request: T-shirts: $22.00
plants only. women’s cut shown here in heather-grey. Available in brown with green writing, too.
plants only. men’s cut in heather-blue with green writing. Also a few men’s cut available in sage with blue writing, too.
CUVA Available in women’s cut in light blue with grey writing, and hot coral with grey writing.
Please contact Health Care is Self Care at firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order. Leave your name, email, the style, number, size, and preferred cut: male or female, and we will ship it off to you!
Thanks for your interest and support!
-Jane and Brian